[hpsdr] Extruded case.

KD5NWA kd5nwa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 5 10:56:06 PST 2007

Graham Haddock wrote:

> Hammond makes just such a line of cases as you describe.
> Eurocard size based, extruded aluminum, and many options as far as length.
> Unfortunately, nothing above 2 inches in height is listed.
>
> http://www.hammondmfg.com/scpgEXT.htm
>
> http://www.hammondmfg.com/1455.htm
>
> I am personally using the 1455 series for packaging several projects.
>
> In stock at Mouser.
>
> --- Graham / KE9H
>
> ==
>
> Lyle Johnson wrote:
>>

>>> Way back in time when this group started as the Xylo group, we discused
>>> using inexpensive extruded cases for EuroCard size cards. I've lost
>>> several PC's lately due to flooding and lightning, so I'm wondering if
>>> anyone has those bookmarks.
>>>
>>> One was a small case for two cards with a little room in the back, the
>>> second discussed was available in several sizes including a four card model.
>>>
>>> Anyone has tose bookmarks from way back that they can share?
>>>
>> Try < URL:http://www.rose-bopla.com/Main_Pgs/Table_of_Contents.htm > and
>> drill down in the "Build a Box" section then drill into "Custom
>> Build-A-Box".  I sent the upper level link as they may have other
>> applicable enclosures for Eurocards...
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Lyle KK7P

Thank you both for the links, both those vendors address my needs. If
someone knows a cheaper source of 4" or 6" high Eurocard size extruded
enclosures I'm still interested.

The Hammond 2" case is available through both Mouser and Digikey for
about the same price $20. Since I will be placing an order from Mouser
soon I'll order a 2" case from them. The 4" case from Rose I'll have to
think about it since they sell the raw stock by the meter with a minimum
order of $100. If they will anodize it for me at work, and I see no
problem there, I will buy the minimum order. I have several projects
that use full size Eurocard so the minimum order is not a big issue.

--

Cecil
KD5NWA

"Sacred Cows make the best Hamburger!"	Don Seglio Batuna