[hpsdr] USB Specification

Chris Salinas n0ttw at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 10:35:08 PST 2007

Hi Bill,

  I'd appreciate it as I don't have the Janus/Ozy hardware to make that determination. Currently I don't have PCMIA slots available to put an upgrade card and there are many High Performance laptops that only have USB 1.1 available on the cheap.

  Be nice to know what the limitations it may have at that specification for FYI. Like I said, if I had the J/O hardware I would provide the info.

  Looking forward to the outcome,
  Chris N0TTW

Bill Tracey <bill at ewjt.com> wrote:
  Hi Chris,

Can't say for sure if we'll run on USB 1.1 - have never tried it. Our
intent is to support USB 2. I'll see if I can find a USB 1.1 machine
around here and plug it in and see if we can talk to it, but I don't think
we'll formally support USB 1.1 (as much as anything is formally supported
with open source code).

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)