[hpsdr] Proposal for Loop Anntenna

Kurt Loken ae6uj at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 15:13:26 PDT 2007

Hello George,

Is it copperleaf? Or foil?  Foil might be thick enough.  What does your package say?

At 20M you'd need copper 20 um thick...40M would be something like 30 um thick.  For the truly ambitious, you would need 50um thick for 160m.  (I would love to see someone make a 160M Frankenstein Torus...that would truly cause panic in the streets.)

A Styrofoam core is an interesting idea...I hadn't considered that.    It wouldn't be very durable, but it might be fun for experimentation.

I was planning some kind of sturdier internal frame...I only wanted to do this once...so I wanted it durable.

Please let me know if you try some experimenting on this.

Regards,

Kurt - ae6uj