[hpsdr] computer memory added question

George Medakovich George at Medakovich.com
Mon Jul 16 13:52:44 PDT 2007

In a scant 20 years all things digital have become possible.
In 1971 this was done by running a keypunched card deck on a mainframe,
taking the resulting tape to another computer (in a different building,
typically), running the tape through a d/a and creating 5 second
segments of audio tape that you could then edit with a razor blade
and tape.  10 years later you could do it, still in batch mode,
on your desktop, or buy an expensive dedicated processor to do it in
real time.

George, ae5ci