[hpsdr] Analog Vs. Switching power supply for OZY Janus...

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:13:56 PDT 2007

Hi Al, Cecil,

I wasn't arguing for a switcher or a linear PSU.
I just was curious...

Since you of course use a radio to "pick up" HF signals I think the
comparison had to made with the radio connected to OZY/JANUS......!!!

I agree on the other hand with Al that a well designed/constructed switching
mode PSU can be quiet.
Probably the tiny power inverters used in the SDR1000 for +15/-15 Volts are
not too good in that sense?
Did they change the type because Al doesn't seem to have the problem?

It is going to be unavoidable I'm afraid to have some inverter type supply
in there (in my case) since I'm planning for mobile use (12V).......

Any brand names used ?

73's

Henry.