[hpsdr] Pandora Enclosure Project Proposal.

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Tue Mar 20 09:46:02 PDT 2007

As far as "Controls" are being discussed....

	I have been playing with my touch screen on my laptop on Powersdr..
I do not have a usb sound device yet but the gui seems to run on my
p4 1.8ghz Panasonic ( ~$350.00 on fleabay"). I am hoping I can
"touch" some of the controls instead of mouse on a portable station
maybe even become my home station.......So far it appears to work,
but do I do not know how the CPU cycles will pan out.

As touch screens are becoming more reasonable.. This may make for an
alternate input configuration. I can say so far, some of the buttons
are awfully small to touch with a bare finger. A stylus does work,
but funky on a vertical surface.  We may want to reconfigure some
things to make the buttons easier to isolate from one another...
A mouse is a pretty precise pointer, but fingers cover a lot of screen :-)

Ramping buttons for up and down value changes may be an "add-on" of
value....Some of the PCR type software have some interesting mouse
inputs for vol and level setting that is conducive to touchscreen conversion...

I had not caught it if anyone else was proposing this as an optional
input.. but throwing it out on the table....

Just another angle... :-)

Doug
KD8B