[hpsdr] Pandora Enclosure Project Proposal.

Kevin M0KHZ m0khz at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 10:32:07 PDT 2007

Hi Lyle

>Sasquatch will embed the necessary DSP functionality.  I presently have
>No plans to add a general purpose processor to implement displays the
>Like.  It would be a distraction to have the DSP do this. Kind of like
>The Ten Tec Argonaut V, where the display and panel is handled by the
>DSP instead of a cheap PIC, so the radio lacks some basic DSP functions
>-- like denoiser and notch filter -- because the DSP got consumed
>Driving LEDs and reading shaft encoders :-/

>Looks like one of the highly integrated ARM chips might be a good choice
>For this sort of I/O.  A "presentation processor" if you will.

So the GUI presentation board would be.... say a Saxo-L with LPC213x Arm
processor,
Interfaced with Atlas via a smaller CPLD as in Janus??? Would KNJN release
the
 Saxo-L schematics, under there HPSDR open hardware license?

This sounds like a plan.... Any volunteers???? Well beyond any capabilities
at this end!

Kevin
M0KHZ