[hpsdr] Irrational exuberance..

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Mon May 7 19:14:09 PDT 2007

(With apologies to Alan Greenspan.)

I arrived home this afternoon to find a card from USPS saying that they
had tried to deliver a parcel from TAPR. I now have to wait until
tomorrow morning to go to the Post Office and pick it up myself.
The exuberance comes from the expectation of holding the beasties in my
hands, after such an eventful gestation period.
Irrational, because I won't actually be able to do anything with them
right away. My dirty little secret is that I have never quite got round
to assembling either of my Atlas boards.
That will be taken care of right away; the soldering iron is warm and
the night is yet young.

What do I need for software? I currently run PowerSDR v1.8 with my
SDR1000, but I don't see a way of using that to test my board set. By
testing, I don't mean whether it works as I have full confidence in the
supply team, but I would like to get to the point of having a 'hello
world' event in my control.

Sorry for the little rant;

73  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an