[hpsdr] Ozy/Janus Operating Manual available for download

Thompson_Peter at emc.com Thompson_Peter at emc.com
Wed May 16 05:15:34 PDT 2007

Thanks for the great manual.  Now a couple of questions:

1) Are the various RX & TX calibration steps normally done via PowerSDR
setup be performed when using ozy/janus?  Maybe this should be indicated
in the manual.

2) Page 22 discusses sound card selection but does not discuss buffer
size or sample rate.  Can I assume these are also configurable as before
when using a conventional sound card?

3) There is a warning on Page 6 that discusses "...if your microphone
plug uses tip and sleeve connections only..."  Is this referring to a
MONO plug?  I have an adapter plug that converts my mono 1/4" mic plug
to mono 3.5mm plug - can I use this (leaving the PTT jumper unset)?

4) Does the PowerSDR MOX button function as before or is some form of
hardware PTT required?

Pete, N3EVL