[hpsdr] A new one with OZY-JANUS-SDR1000

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Wed May 16 14:13:35 PDT 2007

First -- congrats on the new one on the
OzyJanus-SDR 1000 setup.  Always nice to catch a
new one, especially with new hardware.  Glad to
hear Ozy & Janus' DX sniffing capabilities are up to snuff!

Regarding the PTT problem .... did you see any
such problems before running with Ozy?  I don't
think Ozy could be using more wires on that
parallel port than a PC talking to an SDR 1000
--  so I'd be surprised if the cable was the
issue if it worked well before the changeover to Ozy for control.

I hate to admit it ... I might be a bit
suspicious of the FX 2 microcode.  It was written
by an  FX2 neophyte (me) and I can't say I've
done an immense amount of testing of the PTT
transitions with it -- most of the time my radio
seems to be hooked to a signal generator, so  PTT
tends to be a lightly used scenario for me of late.

Anyone else seeing PTT problems when using Ozy to control the SDR 1000?

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)