[hpsdr] It Works!

Glenn Thomas glennt at charter.net
Wed May 30 21:06:46 PDT 2007

At 07:38 PM 5/30/2007, Bill (kd5tfd) wrote:

<snip>

>The SDR 1000 does need to be powered up before you you launch
>PowerSDR -- PowerSDR.exe does some initialization of the SDR 1000
>hardware when it starts.
>
>Regards,
>
>Bill (kd5tfd)

Interesting thought with respect to SDR1K startup. I've generally
started the PowerSDR s/w before powering on the hardware. This is to
guard against the possibility of some other software configuring the
parallel port as if it were a printer, thereby possibly putting the
SDR1K hardware in an unfortunate state. Launching the s/w before
powering on the hardware allows PowerSDR to place the parallel port
in an appropriate state which is later executed by the hardware when
it powers up.

Are there any other thoughts on this issue?

73 de Glenn wb6w