[hpsdr] developers and experimenters on board

CT1IZU as5770972 at sapo.pt
Wed Oct 3 14:28:52 PDT 2007

I'm pretty certain there are still plenty of people on the list ready to help with development on a Pheonix style transceiver. The major stumbling block I guess is the lack of a decision on the LO and Control system to properly implement a multiband tcvr. No wants to play with yet another flavor of monband Soft Rock as without the former thats what it will be.

I think many of those on the list are like myself and Luddites in respect of the control software, but we could push ahead if we had the control signals out the back of the computor and a little documentation. My person preference would to to go with the AD9951for the LO to allow an off the shelf implementation with the I0CG boards and have the groups own version of Power SDR with user selectable LO/Display ratio. Such an arangement will then suit either Zero IF or Superhet tcvrs (Siren+Hmixer??)

An intersesting possibility on the control computer is a cheap micro ATX board with Puppuy Linux http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Puppy300  I have been playing with this the last week as an easy intro to Linux. It runs off a simple pen drive or CD which loads to a ram disk, fast and simple. FLDIGI  www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html is an nice add  on package to try with it.

Shel CT1IZU