[hpsdr] Pandora Update and Question

Ben Hall kd5byb at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 3 12:05:19 PDT 2007

Good afternoon all,

One thing I should have added to my message below:

It's imperative that we choose a common connector center or at least a
maximum connector height above the top surface of the board for future
board designs.

If we don't, it's possible that the Pandora design won't accommodate
future cards that are outside the envelope defined by the existing Ozy
and Janus designs.

Board designers - I can help with this.  The solid models for Atlas,
Janus, and Ozy were made from several pieces of information:

1)  A drill file, showing X/Y coordinates and hole sizes for connectors
that will be used.
2)  Overall board dimensions and thicknesses.
3)  A BOM showing connector types, from which solid models can be
downloaded from the manufacturer.

The solid model doesn't really care about the circuits involved.  So, if
your input/output connectors are placed and defined, that's all I need.

So, if you provide me the above for board designs that are in work, I
can insure that the envelope for Pandora will include your design...

thanks much and 73,
ben, kd5byb

--
Thanks and 73,