[hpsdr] Pandora Update and Question

Jason Hitesman jason at hitesman.com
Mon Sep 3 12:16:55 PDT 2007

On 9/3/07, Ben Hall <kd5byb at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> In the update, I pose a question for those who have mounted their
> HPSDR's inside a computer case, specifically dealing with how they've
> centered the connectors on Janus and Ozy.  Rather than mess with a lot
> of attachments and links here, I've put the discussion onto the 3 Sept
> 2007 update entry.  PLEASE take a look and give comments on what you've
> done...

Probably not the answer you're looking for.  But I gave up on trying
to fit it into a computer case.  As your illustrations show adjusting
for one problem always ended up introducing another problem.
Eventually I decided it would be just as much work to start from
scratch on a custom case as it would be to try and modify any of the
computer cases I have on hand as none of them would work without
modifications.

So at that point I decided to just wait and see how Pandora goes.
Heck I'm still waiting to finish my Janus due to the DS2431P that was
out of stock at Digikey until recently (I ordered sample from Dallas
but it never showed up, and I had no luck finding the part anywhere
else in single quantities.  I finally had enough other bits and pieces
I was needing to order from Digikey to justify an order this week.)

If anyone has solved the problem of how to get the HPSDR stack to fit
in a computer case without major modifications to the case I'd love to
hear it.

----
Jason Hitesman
N8INJ