[hpsdr] HPSDR Projects

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 04:48:26 PST 2008

Hello all,

There has been some recent additions to HPSDR projects such as LPU and
PENNYWHISTLE.  LPU was added as a project on the HPSDR wiki before it
was announced on the HPSDR list.  I have not seen discussion of
PENNYWHISTLE on the HPSDR list.  I thought that project proposals were
going to be discussed publicly on the HPSDR list before a decision was
made whether it will become a HPSDR project?  Since this is not
beingdone, what is the new process for proposing HPSDR projects and
who makes the decision on what projects HPSDR takes on now?

Also, I get emails from time to time asking how certain people get on
the alpha build lists for active projects.  Embarrassingly, I don't
know what to tell them, because I do not know either.  Can someone
enlighten me how these decisions are made?

73 Phil N8VB