[hpsdr] HPSDR Projects

Graham KE9H at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 08:11:41 PST 2008

Hi Phil:

Great comments.

My first question is "What is the old process?"

You seem to have one in your mind, but I suspect that
it dates back to early in the group.  Being fairly new to
HPSDR (about 20 months), I have never seen any
process description on the wiki/web site, or heard any
discussion about it.

I suspect the majority of the 850 or so email subscribers
are in the same boat, since there was only 100 or so when
HPSDR got started.  You also have a brand new web-master.

A little process can go a long way.  A lot of process
can turn a cutting edge $200 GPS into a $15,000 FAA
approved GPS for your airplane, that is introduced
with software capability that is 5 years behind the consumer models
when it is finally certified. (I'm a little process guy.)

As far as PennyWhistle, when three people asked me to
put it on the website for other people to see, I put it on.
(The web master was one of the three who asked.)

There has been some discussion of it on the
Team Speak discussion on Friday night  (Saturday 0200 Z).

As far as how do you get on an Alpha build?  I think
that is project leader's discretion.  Phil is one, because he
is as close to a system integrator as we have.  Bill T is
one because he is the only guy doing public support for
software for HPSDR that I know of, and everything affects
the software. Dick is one because he was collecting parts
to go do something similar, and was ready to contribute.

PennyWhistle is something that I was doing for my own purposes,
and Phil thought I should share it with the group.  I assume that
the majority of the people really want a 100 watt or 1500 Watt PA.
I suggest they take that up with the project leader for THOR or
TYRANOSAURUS-REX.  But while they are waiting for those
projects to go into production at TAPR, they might want
something quick and easy to get on the air with, that won't
cost too much.

Let the discussions begin.

--- Graham / KE9H

==