[hpsdr] Mercury sees first RF here

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Mon Dec 22 16:14:00 PST 2008

Phil,
I am running a E4500 Core 2 Duo @ 2.2 GHz and the PowerSDR says that I
am at 25%. I went out RFI hunting with my trusty MFJ Line Noise Meter
and found the source about 100 ft from my house.  See attached:

Michael,

You told me once that if there ever was a breakdown of the insulator
on the very high voltage feed lines, it would likely result in a
serious problem for IPL. I looks like we have such a problem on IPL
pole # 93251BA. This pole is right behind my house on 82nd street and
is radiating loud pops that are heard on the radio from the lowest
frequencies through 60 MHz. Under the pole my VHF MFJ Line Noise Meter
is at full scale. At about 10 feet away from the pole, the meter
indicates vertical polarization with high value readings. See photos
below to help locate the pole.

Ron W9KFB