[hpsdr] MERCURY

Richard Stasiak rstasiak at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 27 16:16:21 PST 2008

>> Do we need filters on Mercury to attenuate unwanted
>> "subharmonic" (or whatever it is called) responses?
> It depends what your antenna system is feeding to Mercury.  I am
> running it
> without input filter on a low multi-band dipole, and it generally
> works just fine.
> It is a pretty robust receiver, barefoot.
> If you are close to a broadcast transmitter location, or you have a
> high
> wideband antenna, your results might be different.

I have had just a few hours with Mercury now (barebones card, no input
filters) with various antennas.  I am amazed at its capabilities.  On
160m it blows the socks off my SDR1000....... don't even need to
switch on the bci filter.

Mercury is a keeper!

Need to interface that 100w amp I have been saving, to get this rig on
the air.

73

Rick ve3mm