[hpsdr] Trying to get caught up.

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Fri Jul 11 16:39:32 PDT 2008

I am currently running "PennyMerge" SVN 2341 as listed below on HF. I have
the
ATLAS/JANUS/OZY/PENELOPE combination running with the SDR-1000 I/Q  fed
into JANUS for receive. I am using PENELOPE to drive an outboard IPA with
filters
then driving a legal limit HF amp on 75 and 20 meters. I/Q output to the
SDR-1000
is NOT connected.

All seems well except that I cannot find a way to calibrate PENELOPE to the
proper frequency. I do not have a means of locking to an external  standard.

With the help of K5SO, I know to add plus 50 hz to my transmit (XIT) on 20
meters.
75 seems to be very close with no XIT.

I have discovered that if I select ATLAS as 10 MHZ clock source, the  audio
from JANUS Mic source has a "Buzz" on it, but with PENELOPE selected
as Mic source, all is OK. Otherwise with PENELOPE or nothing selected  as
10 MHz clock source, both mic inputs are excellent, and as noted in the  docs,
you can switch between them instantaneously.

One other intermittent that has happened over the past few weeks of  running
ATLAS/JANUS/OZY/ with the SDR-1000 is that the RCV audio out of JANUS  dies
but the RCV audio out of PENELOPE is fine.

I look forward to any comments and am anxiously awaiting Mercury.

73 de Joe
K1RQG

In a message dated 7/11/2008 6:58:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,