[hpsdr] Penny getting excited..

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Sun Jun 8 17:56:40 PDT 2008

Well, I finally got time to install Penny into Atlas, having set the jumpers etc.

The Operation with PowerSDR guide didn't mention specific details of how to configure PowerSDR so I made some (hopefully) intelligent guesses - e.g. answered NO to the 100W PA present question and NO to the ATU present question.  I also assumed that the MOX button on PowerSDR will still turn on TX until I come up with a real PTT switch.  I also disconnected the Janus output going to the SDR-1000 "To Line Out" jack since Penny doesn't want any TX competition!

I've got my Cobra wire antenna connected to the SDR-1000 for RX and Penny connected to the R5 vertical to TX until I get my TX/RX relay sorted out.

Marginal indication on my Power meter but it's not meant to read that low a level but -- I can hear myself on a 2nd RX with a bit of wire stuffed in the antenna connection so I guess Penny is working!  I'm sure I'll have lots of questions later, but so far, looking good.

Once again, many thanks to the developers, both HW and SW -- great job!

Pete, N3EVL