[hpsdr] I2C HCI interface

Murray Lang murray.lang at bbnet.com.au
Sun Jun 1 06:23:24 PDT 2008

Hi Charles,

In a way this would be duplication since I2C and USB are both just
serial interfaces. It's easy to come by microcontrollers with USB
peripherals now, so I suppose that the motivation for an I2C interface
is diminished. This of course assumes that the OZY control protocol can
be dealt with separately from the audio stream.  I don't know enough to
say whether such a microcontroller would have to deal with the audio
stream and if so whether one is likely to manage.  Another kind soul
might be able to answer this.

By the way, I weakened and bought an IC7000. While it filled a lot of
gaps in my RF generation ability and was a good buy in that sense, I
find the interface tiring to use.  I'd go for a lot more buttons with
direct control of the various parameters.

Cheers ,
Murray VK6HL