[hpsdr] (no subject)

Mark Amos mark.amos at toast.net
Mon May 12 18:37:33 PDT 2008

Folks,

Got Penelope in the mail today (well packed.) I just fired it up for the
first time (with Ozy and Janus) and did some dummy load testing
monitoring her output on another radio here in the shack.  Tested out
SSB, AM, FM and CW successfully - FM sounded fabulous.

CW seems to work as expected, but in all of the voice modes, using the
Penelope version of PowerSDR (labeled "(KD5TFD 27Apr08) FlexRadio
Systems PowerSDR v1.10.4+ BaseSVN: 2025") as soon as I click "Start" it
goes into transmit.  Whether the MOX button is depressed or not, it's in
transmit. The audio sounds fine and all the controls seem to work,
except it's in continuous transmit.  If I click "Stop", it shuts down.

I rechecked the jumpers on Penelope (and Janus) and the PTT jumper(s) on
the mike connection(s) are not set - only the "tip" audio jumper is
installed.

Thoughts on other things to check?

Mark