[hpsdr] TR keying - Penelope - CW output

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Thu May 15 21:00:27 PDT 2008

I'm not the hardware expert of the crew, but looking at the datasheet
for the ULN2003AD it would appear you want to connect Pin 25 of the
DB 25 connector to +V of your load if it is inductive.   Your load
gets wired to +V and one of the OC connectors.   The OC pin will go
to ground to activate your load.

Regarding distortion ... how are you monitoring the Penelope
output?  Could the receiver you're listening on be getting
overloaded?   Is the distortion a keying transient, or do you hear it
for steady key down?

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)