[hpsdr] HPSDR / PowerSDR hardware selection

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Wed May 21 22:08:53 PDT 2008

Would it be possible -- yes.  The code is not really setup for it at
the moment -- one would have to take a crawl thru it looking for all
the (if CurrentHardware == ... ) clauses and changing them to  ( if
CurrentTXHardware == ...) and ( if CurrentRXHardware == ... )
.    There's also potentially a bit of work if the xmitter and
receiver are in different clock domains - at the moment I don't think
PowerSDR has code to deal well with moving samples from one clock
domain to another.

I wonder how transient a requirement this type of setup is?  Once
Mercury emerges how much interest will there be in running with
something other than Mercury+Penelope as a transceiver pair?  I
suspect there may be some desire to run Mercury as an aux receiver
with an SDR 1000 or Flex 5000, but not sure how much long term
interest there is in running arbitrary combinations of recv and xmit hardware.

Something I will keep in mind, but honestly no commitment for it at
this time - just have too many other things that I need to work on at
the moment.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)