[hpsdr] Latency

CT1IZU as5770972 at sapo.pt
Sat May 24 13:24:04 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Thomas" <glennt at charter.net>
To: <hpsdr at lists.hpsdr.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 1:28 AM
Subject: Re: [hpsdr] Latency
Can you point me to a more complete description
of where the 300ms to 400ms number comes from?

73 de Glenn WB6W

Gleenn
I imagine the reference be the RSGB´s Radio Communication magazine for March
this year. More than likely one of the Peter Hart reviews.  If the
performance under a PC is as good as you say I wonder why there is the push
to a seperate DSP engine. If the desire is a stand alone radio it would make
more sense to me to use a Micro ATX board with the smallest Linux distro
that supports the objective.

Shel CT1IZU