[hpsdr] Questions about HPSDR

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Tue May 27 06:25:23 PDT 2008

>  #1 Jacks on Janus board is too specific. Is there any replacement?
> Because I can get all parts on Digi-key except those. Only after one
> month those will be there :-( I don't want wait longer.

I don't know of a replacement that will fit the board, but there may be
some.

>  #2 When TAPR should be ready to start ship Mercury and Phoenix
> boards (possible date).

Mercury is in Alpha test.  I hope it goes to TAPR for general production
in the next several months.

I think there is an "EU Mercury" also in test.

>  #3 Which reciever should be better charateristics Mercury or Phoenix.

It's probably too early to know.  These are very different
architectures, and it depends on which characteristics are most
important to you.  For example, Mercury will be able to store or scan or
decode much wider bandwidths than Phoenix.

>  #4 Which A/D converter is best choice for Mercury - LTC2208 or
> LTC2209. And why?
>  #5 What about BOM for Mercury? I heard talks about that for some
> time, but still nothing.

That's because it is still Alpha.
73,

Lyle KK7P