[hpsdr] Janus-Ozy Sound Card Driver [WDM]

Charles Brain chbrain at btinternet.com
Thu May 29 23:57:09 PDT 2008

Hello Richard,

I bought a copy of "Developing Drivers with the Windows Driver Foundation" a
while ago with the intention of developing a "Virtual Audio Cable" for a commercial
project (which I never go around to). That has a blow by blow description of how to
develop both UMDF and KMDF drivers using WDF. It also has an
FX2 example project (I never got that far in the book). I just thought I would mention it.
I also notice on the back of the book that WDF has special features to help the rapid
development of USB drivers.

The first part of the book describes what actually goes on deep in the guts of Windows
and was a bit of an eye opener for me. I now have a better idea now of why Windows can
be so un-responsive (but that is another story).

- Charles G4GUO