[hpsdr] Problem: Ozy/USB malfunction/not recognized

Daniel Quigley dquigley at msn.com
Tue Oct 21 13:09:39 PDT 2008

Hello,I received Ozy/Atlas/Janus and Penelope boards this past week so I am an hpsdr newb.  I've read the pdf instructions and searched the reflector archives for additional info.  However, I am having what seems like a very basic problem: my XP system does not recognize Ozy USB and reports it as malfunctioning.

Windows XP reports Ozy as a malfunctioning/unknown USB device and does not bring up the driver wizard. The USBIO driver is installed though and I have tried the manual driver installation method.  Device manager reports that the Ozy USB device is sending a null (0000) VID and 0000 for the first 16 bits of the PID.  Voltages on the Atlas backplane are good and with the exception of USB ident, Ozy (and the others when plugged in) power up as the docs predict.

I am running XP build 2600 SP3 with all subsequent microsoft updates. The box is an eMachine laptop; a K8 processor (not running 64bit) and 1Gb ram. Other USB devices run fine. Apologies in advance if I have missed something basic.  I do need some suggestions/help.
Thanks in advance,Dan (N7HQ)