[hpsdr] Problem: Ozy/USB malfunction/not recognized

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Tue Oct 21 20:57:30 PDT 2008

Hmmm ... any chance the USB port is not USB2 - USB 1.1 hub
perhaps?  Can you try a different USB cable?  Is the +5v supply on
Atlas stiff - can you measure the current draw on the +5v line?

If it is reporting 0x0 for VID and PID something is not quite
right.  It should be 0xfffe/0x7 (VID/PDI) if the EEPROM on Ozy is
being recognized as programmed and 0x4b4/0x8613 if the EEPROM is not
programmed.

If that does not do it, any chance of trying another computer to try
and isolate it to being a computer side problem or board side problem?

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)