[hpsdr] Beating a very dead horse

Sami Aintila oh2bfo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 02:40:16 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Bill Tracey <bill at ewjt.com> wrote:

> My understanding on this driver is that the latest version of it is libusb
> based which I think translates the problem into does libusb work on Vista.

This is correct.

>  I've heard conflicting reports. I do not have Vista so cannot say in a
> first hand way one way or the other.

Ditto.

If I used Vista myself I could probably make the USB adapter work with
relatively little effort. Either do the required hacks to libusb, or
make the driver use WinUSB instead of libusb. In case anyone else
wants to try, the source code for SDR-1000 hardware control (including
USB) has been available for quite a long time. There are some slightly
different versions in various places like:
    svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_linux/trunk/hardware/

The original (Windows) USB code is here:
    http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/ahti/attocon/sdr1kusb/archive/sdr1k-libusb-20070120.zip

Sami OH2BFO