[hpsdr] Beating a very dead horse

Sami Aintila oh2bfo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 01:45:04 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Christopher T. Day <CTDay at lbl.gov> wrote:

> 2)      PowerSDR USB-to-Parallel adapter on Vista – Sami, if I have the EEPROM adapter, then I don't have to worry about the code in the adapter itself, right? Also, is the fact that libusb works on Vista mean that if I load libusb as the driver for the adapter, I should be able to use the adapter as is?

The adapter firmware is really not "firm" in the sense of being stored
in non-volatile memory inside the adapter. Later versions of the
adapter did have a small EEPROM simply to identify the hardware as
"FlexRadio" instead of "Cypress", but that's just a cosmetic
enhancement. The driver always uploads the actual firmware to the
adapter CPU when the device is initialized. You don't have to worry
about which hardware version of the adapter you have.

So why don't you just try it and tell us what happens?

Sami
OH2BFO