[hpsdr] VS2008 again

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sat Apr 18 06:54:35 PDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Tracey [mailto:bill at ewjt.com]
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 1:27 AM
To: Ken; hpsdr at lists.hpsdr.org
Subject: Re: [hpsdr] VS2008 again
Not sure which latest code you're looking
for.  Bob McGwier's VS 2008 (non HPSDR) branch is
here:
svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_windows/PowerSDR/branches/n4hy/VS2008
===============================
Thanks Bill - this is the one I was looking for - and I see it has new
files.
Dave wa8ywq wrote to say he was successful compiling this - but I am not.
I get 114 warnings and 10 fatal errors.

Taking the first error:  Error  12  fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'DSound.h': No such file or directory
c:\users\ken\documents\visual studio
2008\projects\source\portaudio\portaudio\pa_win_ds\dsound_wrapper.h 52
PortAudio

In fact there is no such file in the SVN.  Some research shows that this
might have something to do with the Direct X SDK - so I installed that.  The
SDK has a file called dsound.h (not DSound.h) but no luck.
Even copying the file into the portaudio directory did not help.

So what am I missing here?

I would note that VS2008 took it upon itself to do some 'upgrade' and
provide me with 27K of upgrade log with some helpful messages about ' code
change may be required before your project will build without errors'  (6
times)
VS2008 is version 9.0.21022.8 RTM

Tnx
Ken