[hpsdr] Proposal for a new Software project.

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Tue Dec 1 23:27:16 PST 2009

Many thoughtful comments have been posted!

As one who has long appreciated the concept of separating diverse
functions--hardware interface, signal processing, user interface, (ok,
I've been in sdr for a scant year) but who also shys from complexity,
may I suggest that simply defining the interface between these functions
would allow almost immediate exploitation and exploration.  (ie fun!)
While a business may need to carefully define everything before
implementing anything, amateurs can affort the "inefficiency" of some
jumping in to give something a try, while others methodically define the
longer term standards.

Anyone willing to post some (preliminary) protocol specs?  (Let's discuss!)

How about some example code fragments on how to send & receive TCP and UDP?

Are there other "channels" that should be considered in addition to TCP
/ UDP?

73,
Dave / wa8ywq