[hpsdr] CW Paddle Performance lacking

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Dec 12 19:38:26 PST 2009

> Phil,
>
> I have been working to get all of my four sets of hardware and software
> working properly here. It
> looks like I have another FPGA to replace soon but I have a new hot air
> rework station coming to
> help with that.
>
> My problem is related to using an iambic paddle with the HPSDR hardware
> and PowerSDR software.
> Regardless of CW speed, the initial dot or dash is often cut short so that
> dashes sound like dots
> and dots sound real short. PowerSDR's CW keyboard works fine as does
> straight key CW.
>
> I am running PowerSDR on a high performance Intel i7 based computer.
> Firmware is Ozy 1.6, Mercury
> 2.9, Penelope 1.2.
>
> If this problem has been reported before, I must have overlooked it. Do
> you have any insight on
> this?
>
> Rick
> W2GPS

Hi  Rick,

You may want to try the latest version of the Ozy code V1.7.

Don't think I can be much help since I now use KK for CW since that runs
in full duplex. I also don't use the PC DSP library to generate the raised
cosine profile CW signals - that way QSK works perfectly.

Perhaps someone who uses PowerSDR on CW can let you know the best settings
to use.

73's Phil...VK6APH