[hpsdr] CW Paddle Performance lacking

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sun Dec 13 08:12:24 PST 2009

Hmmm .. seems to works on my setup near as I can hear (last CW I
worked was 5 WPM to get my HF license)

My setup:

PowerSDR titlebar date: 18Oct2009
Ozy 1.7
Merc 2.9
Penny 1.2
Key attached to DB9 connector on Ozy
Breakin Enabled, 250 Msec delay
Setup -> Options -> Process Priority set to Real Time
Setup -> DSP -> Keyer -> Hi Res. options selected
OS: Vista
Hardware:  Core 2 Quad  @ 2.66 GHz, 4 GB RAM

I tried this a bunch of times with speed set to 20 WPM  and don't
think I heard one leading dash get clipped  - I was not using MON -
listening on another radio).

Can you confirm your setup options? I'd be interested to know if
perhaps Process Priority or Keyer Hi Res. makes a difference.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)