[hpsdr] repository move needed

k5nwa k5nwa at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 16 06:44:06 PST 2009

At 08:10 AM 12/16/2009, Doug Bade wrote:

>Well then...
>
>         I guess I will ask the question as it seems we have 2
> options... Is the owner of the pipeline looking for contributions
> to make the pipeline bigger and continue to host the repository in question??
>
>Or is a new home needed???
>  I think there have been offers extended to help in the latter...
> but no specific public replies to the offers???
>
>Several/many of us have access to hosted server space, in my case my
>offer from our hosting source would potentially allow for a mirror
>if not more depending on overall volume....
>
>So..... can we get an idea of what it is we are supposed to be
>helping fix or decide ???
>
>If it is determined that legitimate downloader's are causing this...
>then it is not going to go away, but only get worse....
>
>Doug

I have considered offering a mirror site, I have several Terabytes of
download capacity that I'm not using. But the question comes down to
how much downloading occurs on a monthly basis, if it's too high then
it will impact my web sites and those I host. So does anyone have any figures?

My Host ( DreamHost) has a simple solution, they throttle the traffic
if it starts getting too much out of hand, however their limit is way
higher than 1.5Mb, it's around 8Mb so even if someone (first time
download of the SVN) hits it hard they will be finished a lot sooner.

Cecil
K5NWA
www.softrockradio.org  www.qrpradio.com