[hpsdr] I2C write error with Mercury and Penelope

Paul Fletcher paul at melreed.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 11:44:11 PST 2009

Hi and first post to the list.

I have the following configuration M:6 O:5 P:4 with Mercury Firmware V2.6 and PSDR 12 Feb 09 SVN 2025 Windows Vista 32 bit. I am having audio dropout issues at 192kHz at all buffer settings (as per other reports and acknowledge this is being worked on) and they are much worse at 1024 and 2048 buffer settings.

I noticed that when PSDR runs the initozy script I am seeing I2C write errors to Mercury but not to Penelope. I verified this by running the initozy script manually.

When I only had mercury installed the I2C write errors were not present for mercury but were for Penelope (quite reasonable as it wasn't installed!).

Does anyone else see this or is it normal behavior, or have I missed something in the configuration?

The radio appears to RX and TX OK providing I keep the sample rate at 96kHz or less.

Regards,
Paul M1PAF