[hpsdr] Audio problems with 4 Feb PowerSDR and latest Ozy

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Fri Feb 6 07:07:13 PST 2009

Dear Bill,
(forgot to include the list!  Hit reply and not reply-all!)

Thanks for the test build!

I can report that it made no difference, and the audio at 192ks/s is still
distorted.  Kind of 'donald ducky' would be my description.  Cleared up when
I dropped to 96ks/s.  Any chance that this is Ozy based as far as a problem?
I had been using the 2 Feb kit just fine.  Upgraded yesterday and 'donald
duck' showed up.

I am available for other testing as well.  BTW, I'm a pretty good C#/VB.net
programmer (my profession).  With 35 yrs of programming, I've done quite a
bit.  Been using .Net since it came out.  Not so sure how my signal
transformation programming skills are, but the rest is pretty good.

My system: Mercury in J5, Ozy in J4.  'last jtag' jumper still in place on
Mercury.

Best regards,
George K9TRV