[hpsdr] OZY repair success with questions

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Tue Feb 17 06:38:28 PST 2009

> I replaced the failed CY7C68013A chip with the help of many on the list.
> First time dealing with a 128 pitch device!
> I did make some mistakes along the way but I recovered just barely.

I always use ChipQuik to remove surface mount ICs from a PCB.  ChipQuik
is your friend.  I got an SMD-1 "kit" a few years ago and still have
plenty of material left after removing quite a few ICs, large and small.

< URL:http://www.chipquik.com/store/prod_template.htm >

Standard disclaimer: no financial interest, just a satisfied customer,
your mileage may vary, don't put it in your food, use at your own risk, ...

73,

Lyle KK7P