[hpsdr] EME QSO with HPSDR

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 12:30:22 PST 2009

I just completed an EME QSO on 432.020 MHz with LU7DZ. I used the
HPSDR as a 28 MHz IF connected to a DEMI transverter and the
associated UHF equipment at 1.4 KW out to a 32' dish. I also had
Mercury and Penelope under auto frequency control using F1EHN
tracking and "Rig Manager" program. So far, I am very pleased with
HPSDR operation, but have a few bugs to work out. I did have CW
keying issues during the contact, but prior during other tests, things
were fine.  Also just worked SM2CEW via EME using HPSDR while
typing this.

Thanks to all on this project. I know a lot of the VHF/UHF/SHF folks
have been waiting for such a performer. I am now cruising the band
looking for WW2R also running HPSDR on EME for a first HPSR/HPSDR
CW EME QSO.

73 de Joe
K1RQG
**************Stay up-to-date on the latest news - from fashion trends to
celebrity break-ups and everything in between.
(http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000024)