[hpsdr] Mercury Stuff

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 5 17:02:43 PST 2009

Phil,
I'll do the phase noise test again but I want to try a better source. I have a 10 MHz. TCXO kicking around somewhere. That should be cleaner than the Racal VXO loop.

MRF150 BIAS. Find an old motorola data sheet and look at the fine print. It says you can get 50 watts at -50 dB IP3 but I think the bias is at 3 amps. I don't think the CCI heat sink can handle that kind of heat 48V X 12A. A friend built an EB104 to be used as a driver for a linear. He has not set it up yet. Also not sure how the transformers will hang in.  He will find out soon.
The ERBTEC strip is 3 stages and I was able to hit -40 dB with a lot of bias on the driver and final but it got hot fast. Predriver runs class A so it is all set. I'll be getting back to it soon. Anybody gets one I have the changes and schematic. Not bad 300 watt PEP strip for $60. It does take some rewinding and parallel about 20 caps.
Frank WA1GFZ