[hpsdr] Merc/Ozy/Penny config ??

a.groff k0vm at mchsi.com
Fri Jan 9 13:45:28 PST 2009

( I have KD5TFD 4 Jan 2008 software )
The quick start for Mercury was very helpful and I got Merc and Ozy up
and running with minimal effort..
I also jumped in and loaded the v2.3 firmware into Mercury using Ozy as
the USBBlaster...
The multiple sample rates seem to run but the freq cal runs and creates
a correction factor in the diagnostic box but the correction is not
applied. ( WWV is still off freq 90 hz at 10 Mhz cor. 1.0000093750 , The
WWV error seems to change each time I restart PSDR/HPSDR but the cal
alsays ends up with the same correction factor. )

When I plug in Penny, I can get some strange effects depending on which
slot I have it plugged into..
(I have Mercury in slot 6, Ozy in slot 5 )  It is probable that I do not
have a correct combination of jumpers or options selected since I
haven't yet found the magic document for the Mercury/Penny/Ozy Combo.

With 10Mhz & 122.88Mhz both selected for Mercury  ( Does this set
something on Mercury or Penny or both? ) and Penny in slot 4,
Mercury is DEAD ( no RX, no Panadaptor displayed ).  With Penny in slot
3, Mercury is alive but the panadaper shows  an image of signal 18 Khz
below frequency ( ie WWV at 10.000 and 9.982).   With Penny in Slot 2,
Mercury and Penny seem to run okay.

Penny power output is a bit low. Maximum Tune power output is 350 mw
with PA setting cranked all the way down to 38.0.. (PSDR meter reads
1006 mw. FWD Pwr with TUNE Drive to the MAX)
Anyone have recommendations for a legit combination for jumpers and
options for the Mercury/Ozy/Penny combo ?

AL, K0VM