[hpsdr] Problem with PowerSDR

Eduardo Jacob edu at kender.es
Sat Jan 10 05:23:30 PST 2009

Hello

I have just received Mercury and I have given it a try. This is the
first time I have put everything together (Atlas, Ozy, Pnny and
Mercury) I have powered it up and lights seem to be according to
documentation (I still haven't find documentation for Mercury). I
have opened J8 on Mercury

The PC complies with requirement, USB is version 2 and I have
followed the procedure, getting last version from subversion
repository, installing USBIO (I can see it in system properties)

When I run PowerSDR I get an error, and before pressing OK, I can
configure PowerSDR, I have setups clocks to use Penelope.

If I run initozy11.bat I can see load_firmwareV1.1and upload_FPGAV1.1
run and it seems to finish fine. Batch of writes to address 26 fail
and batch of writes to address 27 succeed. This could be related to
not having Janus installed.

The OS is Windows XP SP3, freshly reinstalled and in this setup I
have never run PowerSDR on the SDR-1000. I have never run
HPSDR-SDR1000 combo, so perhaps I am missing some points...

Do you have any advice?

Best regards and thank you.

Eduardo/EA2BAJ