[hpsdr] Issue with Penelopy

Walter Holmes walterh at k5wh.net
Sat Jan 3 14:58:42 PST 2009

I have Mercury working quite well, extremely nice sounding receiver.  Very
well done guys. !!

I am having a problem with Penny though, that I hope is simple, as I have
been through the docs multiple times, and can't seem to work around this.

With Mercury and Janus on the Atlas board, the receiver seems to be just
perfect.

However, if I plug Penny into the Atlas, when I Start up PowerSDR, I get a
very high noise level, almost to the top, and the AF control for volume no
longer functions, then it appears to lock up. Until I power down Atlas, and
reload PowerSDR, and the problem happens each time Start is selected.

I have set the obvious, of selecting Penny for the 10Mhz clock, instead of
Mercury, and also tried removing JP8 on Mercury to disable the 10mhz clock
as well.

Something worth mentioning, is I see several error messages when Start is
selected, like it can't load some of the drivers. But it scrolls by so fast,
I can't see the details. I can't seem to find a log anywhere of this history
either. Is that detail captured someplace ?

I have Janus in slot 2, Penny in slot 3, Merc in slot 5 of Atlas.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Many thanks,

Walter/K5WH ...