[hpsdr] Freq Calibration - code posted to SVN

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 08:42:20 PST 2009

Bill

Good news from this end! Calibration routine appears to work fine so far. I
am
now able to use Mercury as frequency reference for both 122.88 MHz and
10 MHz source. Also happy to report that I now do NOT see any  frequency
instability on CW transmit when using Mercury for frequency reference. I  see
that the correction factor is not accessible for manual tweaking! Is this
correct?

I also see that the XVTRs setup is now working (but I have not done full
check
on it), thanks for that fix!

One thing I noticed though, when using HPSDR system on the air (20  meters)
this morning, when switching back to receive mode, even using PTT (not VOX
with delay), I can hear the last word (syllable) in one side of my head  set.
also tried it on speaker and the same result. I did not have this before.  Now
two things have changed and that is your new SVN (04Jan2009) and  Mercury
V2.3 . So I am not sure which caused this or if anyone else has this
experience.
Headset audio is from Penelope J-6 and speaker is from Mercury line  out.

I do use my system for EME and have a question (suggestion) and that is
regarding PTT. In the current PowerSDR, PTT for SSB uses the "DIT"  function
of the keyer circuit, but no PTT function when in the CW mode (other  than
clicking MOX). It would be nice to have the PTT function through  Penelope
board J-6 to be separated from the keyer. This will keep us from blowing  up
stuff prematurely if our sequencers are not just "right".  Some of us  use an
output from the sequencer to key the radio (we key the sequencer  first).

Thanks again for all the work!

73 de Joe K1RQG

In a message dated 1/5/2009 2:32:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,