[hpsdr] HPSDR software "roadmap"?

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Wed Jan 7 14:38:56 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:01 PM, David McQuate <mcquate at sonic.net> wrote:

> I'm prepared to start writing code, but I don't want to "re-invent the
> square wheel".

Dave --

You're surely not the only one feeling the itch. If you're really eager to
get going on something, can I also recommend checking out the excellent
java-sdr work by John Melton g0orx/n6lyt? The basic link is
<https://java-sdr.dev.java.net>
and be sure to click through to the blog entries about the most recent
developments. John is working on HPSDR features for it as we speak :-)

The VR work is making enormous strides, but in terms of getting near a truly
useful application in the PowerSDR/SDRMAX sense, that's not really where the
emphasis is right now. java-sdr works very well, is written with perfect
lucidity, has all the appealing properties you talk about, and any effort
put into developing it will merge nicely with VR in several months.

73
Frank
AB2KT

--
Designing software that works on the assumption that everyone will have your
client is like designing a society on the assumption that everyone will just