[hpsdr] Problem with Mercury

Daniel Quigley dquigley at msn.com
Sat Jan 10 10:12:23 PST 2009

Hi Brian,

Assuming you are running Mercury 1.x firmware (not the current 2.x beta releases) try this:

Certify:
a) Voltages to Atlas are correct and stable when boards are installed and powered up.
b) The USB cables are good and connected to a USB2.0 port
c) The correct software and .NET libraries (see quick start guide - Note that until yesterday the quickstart guide had the wrong link to the .NET 2.0 SP1 runtime libraries)

1) Power everything off and shut down PowerSDR.
2) Delete PowerSDR.mdb (the settings file in the directory where you have PowerSDR installed)
3) Board order:
J6 Mercury (open jumper J8 on Mercury to disable the 10MHz clock on that board)
J4 Penelope
J2 Ozy

4) Power Up Atlas - make sure you see the "Ozy Host Assisted Firmware Load" device in USB devices.
5) Run PowerSDR, selecting Penny and Mercury as the installed devices in the wizard.
6) Make sure Penelope is selected for both 10MHz and 122.88MHz clock sources.
7) Make sure the Audio sample rate is 192000
8) Set the Preamp to off - click the Start button

From: m5bjcc at ntlworld.comTo: hpsdr at hpsdr.orgDate: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:41:38 +0000Subject: [hpsdr] Problem with Mercury

Hi All
I cannot get Mercury to work if Penny is installed, I have tried different slots combination removed J8 on Mercury, all power supply voltages are correct, deleted powersdr.mdb, but all I get after start button pressed and everything loaded is loud crackling and jumping panadapter, then after few seconds locks up. I have tried all things in Quick start guide.
Mercury works great if no Penny card in.
Can anybody help please.
Regards
Brian Crighton M5BJC.