[hpsdr] Mercury v2.4 -- still distorted audio

Aivars Straupe yl2gvc at inbox.lv
Mon Jan 26 01:20:27 PST 2009

 I think problem there could be about mobo BIOS energysaving
stuff. I read information from RW3PS, where he got a problems with
sound on PSDR under Vista, but I think it's possible on XP too. He
found out, how to manage this bug. Problem was in CPU speed. Vista
with BIOS think, there no necessarry run CPU on fool speed and clock
it down. Run this utility :
http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz_147.zip
If you see, variable CPU speed when you run PSDR - gotcha ... you
caught it. Look on this screenshot, BIOS switches should look like
that : http://rw3ps.ucoz.ru/Image_SDR/BIOS.jpg
 One more thought, open Task Manager and look which programs take
CPU. May there are any bauckground stuff, which take it too much. Or
at least try to switch off all unnecessarry background stuff. There
are too much programs which run at startup, in background. 90% is
possible switch off. Same about some OS services. Depending on
situation it's possible turn off at least 2/3 of this services.