[hpsdr] Call for Comments and Discussion - OzyII

KC4RI - Mike Stipick kc4ri at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 18 07:14:30 PDT 2009

The concept of OZYII looks great. I would love to eventually run my HPSDR
remotely over the internet. After taking a quick look at the wiki, I have a
few questions.

1) What type of softcore microprocessor are you thinking of? Possibly an ARM
or something else?

2) For initial implementation without full TCP/IP will we need dedicated
ethernet cards and drivers to talk to the OZYII or can we just plug it into
a hub etc on a local network.

3) I noticed an RS-232 interface in the block diagram. What is that for? I
assume programming of the FPGA is through the JTAG port.

4) It would be great if all future cards were laid out with a "keep out"
space along the top edge of the card to allow for edge guides to be used in
Pandora or some second generation enclosure. This would increase the
physical stability of the card sets significantly, I realize this might be
tough because board realestate is limited, but it sure would be great.

Mike Stipick - KC4RI