[hpsdr] Call for Comments and Discussion - OzyII

Keith Hornbaker n3ick at cox.net
Sat Jul 18 07:29:28 PDT 2009

Hello,

Will the initial setup require a separate nic to the host along with a xover
cable if you want to use the pc for other tcp/ip tasks without switching
cables around? It appears initially you may not be able to communicate
through a hub or switch which is understandable.

Are the higher data rates mainly to support the capability of going to
higher rf frequencies? How will the LVDS transceivers connect to Mercury for
higher frequencies I assume they would need to be very short.

Will there be better protection provided on the external I/O lines than the
current OZY? I had a USB failure on my current OZY I after replacing the
flat pack I added 4 diodes similar to the layout of the USB6B1 and so far it
has been working good.